**MIRACLE RATS ** 3 GIRLS RATTERY**MINI MOUSE DWARF RATS**
Here is a rat craft project for you to do. We would love to see what you make, so please e-mail us a picture of your craft and we will post as many as we can the following month. If you or your mom have directions for a craft project you would like to submit, please do so and we will include it in the future. Click here for more info Kids Submit.
a Rat Ribbon Bookmark-- created by Leanne
Here are the Supplies that you will need:
1. Use your glue stick to put glue on 9 inches of the ribbon. Then, about 1/2 " from the end of the glued half of the ribbon, place the tail so that the longest part is hanging off the edge of the main ribbon. (see picture below)
2. Fold the ribbon in half and press it together firmly. On the other end of the ribbon (the folded end without the tail) fold in from one corner to the center and glue, and then fold from the other corner to the cnter and glue. Now you should have a triangle shape at one end of the main ribbon which will be the nose... this part can be a little tricky. It works best and fastest with hot glue, but if you do not have an adult to help you glue stick will work, or Elmer's glue. If you use Elmer's, remember a little dab will work and it will take a while to dry.
3. Glue the 1 1/2 inch of frayed yarn to the tip of the triangle end of the ribbon. then glue the pom pom on top of it to create the whiskers and nose. Glue on the eyes.
4. Cut out two small ovals out of the felt for the ears (see picture). If you want, cut out two ovals (smaller than the first two) out of a different color felt for the inner ear.
5. Glue the small ovals into the larger ones. Glue the ears onto the main ribbon.
6. Glue the eyes on...
7. ...And there you go, you have your own rat bookmark!!
"When you adopt a rat, you adopt a best friend"
Copyright © Miracle Rats 2003. All Rights Reserved.